Judson & SU

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Judson & SU
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 10:15:26 -0500

I have been investigating changing my Holley carb on the Judson to a SU.
Why, because I have fought the good fight to get a good running system and
while the Holley seems to run fine on the open road, around town it is a
bear.  By that I mean hesitation off idle, and believe me I have played
with main jets and acceleration jets until I am blue in the face.  Anyway
like I said I am caving in and want to switch to a SU so I can get support
for it is the way of documentation/manuals and supporting pieces/needles
and sundry pieces.  I am focusing on the SU4 as a possible replacement
carb.  But have been reading a lot about the HIE series of integral float
carbs used on the latest cars. Anyone have any experience with the HIE
series carb?