Re: Sundays Big Basin Run

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sundays Big Basin Run
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 10:04:22 -0700
Great run -- it's the first time we've had the Bugeye and Midget out on a
long (relatively) trip together.  We almost got cleaned up by a couple of
Sunday drive minivans on the way home, but that's pretty much to be expected
on 236 out of Big Basin.  I counted 11 Big Healeys (100-4, 100-6, 3000), 4
Bugeyes (did I miss someone) and one Midget -- a very impressive turnout.
Stopped at the Donald Healey memorial grove and then, thanks to some early
scouting of the picnic areas, drove on to a picnic site with plenty of
tables and parking for all the cars together!  Rick was tight, those Big
Healey people certainly have a different idea of a picnic than the rest of
us -- it looked like a 4-star restaurant at one end of the table and Togos
at the other.

Unfortunately it looks like we've got a head gasket problem.  There's just a
little too much (as in: any is too much) water in the oil and oil in the
water.  Not to the mayonnaise texture yet, but the water is seriously scummy
and the oil is a little grey.  If it's not one thing (spent Saturday fixing
carb fuel leaks), it's another  :(

Rich
'58 AH Sprite (hanger queen?)
'79 MG Midget (oh yeah, the new master cylinder leaks, too)