Re: Rough running update

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rough running update
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 20:18:47 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Thanks everyone, for helping with my ongoing saga.  I swapped plug wires for
an old set that worked when I removed them last year.  New points,
condensor, rotor, LT lead, and dizzy cap.  The old LT lead looked like it
was broken, and the point gap had shifted significantly.  With the new
parts, now I get a really bright, white spark at the plugs.  Adjusted the
distributor to near the proper timing, cranked the key, and got a brief
sputter, but then no running.  Here I am thinking that the problem is almost
solved, and then when I go to start resetting the carbs, I discover fuel
dripping onto my hands.  GRRRRR...

If it isn't one thing its another.

Seems like all of my tinkering with the jets did in fact cause them to fail,
so I'll be getting a new set shortly.

While on that topic, does anyone have an improvisational tool or technique
to get the old O-rings out of the bottom of the float bowls when installing
a new jet?

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget