Re: 71 - SteeringCol/switch COWL removal, New "Top"

To: David McCartney <yup1275@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: 71 - SteeringCol/switch COWL removal, New "Top"
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 17:05:02 -0500
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
When we put the hood down on the 68 we pull the hood away from the frame as we
pull it back about half way. At that point we fold the quarter lights over
onto the rear window and make sure that the tennax fasteners are turned away
from the window.  Then fold the frame the rest of the way down while pulling
the hood gently towards the rear of the car. The hood should then be folded in
half and laying on the boot. I then will fold the hood over the frame and into
the rear package tray area, don't force this as you won't wish to crease your
rear window. If you get any bends in the rear window you need to smooth them
out while tucking the hood up under the frame to allow access to the fasteners
for your hood boot cover. If you don't have one I highly recommend one to
protect your hood and window areas. Install your hood cover and you are off. I
hope this was clear as mud for you.........................