Re: Clutch slave progress

To: bmantz@roanoke.infi.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Clutch slave progress
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 18:40:08 EDT
Bill.
  I am glad that I was able to help resolve your clutch problem.  Although
the clutch shift fork is fairly stout, once the yield limit is exceeded on
the metal, it will bend easily.  Cood working the metal during clutch
operations will weaken that portion of the fork, and it will bend more
quickly as you reapply the clutch, especially if you double hit the clutch
pedal.  Remember that the clutch hydaulic system gives you an incredible
mechanical advantage over a mechanical linkage. We have bent several clutch
forks in out autocrossing of the Sprites.  We run a hardened fork in the race
car.
Best regards,
Gary L