Re: Sprite progress

To: "Charles Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>, "Spridgets List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sprite progress
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 21:39:46 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
            New at this Sprite stuff, huh, Charles. After a while you
will be so adept with them that others will think you a pro and you
will be working on thiers too. After 41 years of Sprites and other
LBCs I take these sort of things for granted and forget that others
knowledge base  has not grown , yet.

        An 1/8 " pipe plug should fit just fine and give no problems
or use an American drain valve. Put them in snug, no need to strong
arm them in.

        The choke cables are made longer so that they can fit a wider
variety of models. Pull the inner part out far enough so that you can
cut off the outer part without severing the wire too. Then judge how
long the inner needs to be and apply some solder to it . Afterwards
snip it and install, done.

        As for the rubber plugs, you should find several of them, I
believe they are access ports to allow you to flush the sills ,
periodically.

         Don't get upset, just work it out, it gets better with
experience. What really gets to me is having to redo the things that
DPOs and COs do in the name of "Fixing Up " thier cars.

                                Regards, Brad