Re: Cockpit insulation

To: spritenut@Exit109.com, wmgilroy@avaya.com
Subject: Re: Cockpit insulation
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 06:05:59 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 8/20/00 5:54:52 PM, spritenut@Exit109.com writes:

<<>
> I would like to insulate my cockpit a bit to keep the heat from the
> engine out.  I was thinking of doing the following, using a foil
> faced insulation behind all of the cockpit panels.  Good enough
> or is there a better approach?

I used jute carpet pading from a carpet store. Glued it in and carpeted
right over it. It has been wet more then once, it keeps the noise down
and the heat in in the winter.
Cheap, and works.>>

Listers,

Cockpit insulation is always a "hot" topic on the Big Healey list.  One
popular low-cost option uses $5 charcoal smoker blankets and is described
below:

http://www.listquest.com/lq/view.cgi?ln=healeys&mid=36004&sp=&q=insulation+cha
r%2dbroil&b=1&s=1&o=0&ci=c059925824

Rick