'nuther good weekend

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: 'nuther good weekend
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 11:24:32 EDT
Well another great weekend of LBCs and nice weather.

I found the major new rattle under my Midget.  A nut fell off an exhaust
pipe hanger, so that was an easy fix.  It also gave me time to remove
the battery from the Mitsubishi, replace the bad parking light bulb, paint
the battery tray and remove all the corrosion from the cables.  Reassemble,
as they say, was the reverse of removal, and all works well again.

Off to the Healey Encounter with my top down.  Beautiful weather, beautiful
cars, lots of good friends.  Two Healey boats on display.  The Healey folks
must have had a great week, based on what Jason Urban and Al Tocci had
to say.  I like big Healeys, and there were plenty, but the Bugeye with the
Judson was truly nice!

Sunday was an autocross at Nazareth Speedway.  A light turnout because
it was not an event for points, but we had a lot of fun running, and driving,
and
riding, and car swapping.  Plus, a beautiful drive up and back from Nazareth.

If you have never tried an autocross, it is fun.

So now I have the bug to fix my front suspension.  I have a set of urethane
bushings that I haven't put in yet.  I'd like to get roller bearings and
maybe
rebuilt shox (if I can afford them).  I'll keep working on it.  Sure wish I
could
hit the lottery.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward