What's going on with my distributor?

To: "Spridgets List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "MGs List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: What's going on with my distributor?
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 16:32:31 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Dear List:

I spent part of the afternoon balancing my carburettors, checking my valve
clearances and trying to set the timing.  No vacuum leaks were found, and no
other unusual things were discovered with the exception of the fact that
when I turned the distributor 15 degrees advanced and retarded, and no
changes occured in engine behavior, roughness of running, or idle speed.

What could possibly be the problem?  Other than the timing be a little off.
and apparently unsettable, the car is running fine.

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget
'68 Sprite