Re: 1275 clutch fluid line

To: froggi@cdsnet.net, RBHouston@aol.com
Subject: Re: 1275 clutch fluid line
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 15:36:26 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 8/26/2000 7:28:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
froggi@cdsnet.net writes:

<< I would be interested in knowing how often those... the few that do...
that use
 their cars as 'daily drivers' have to rebuild their brake or clutch systems.
 Comparing what they tell us to those that only drive their cars a few times a
 month during good weather only.  Comments??? >>

Herb:

I bought my '79 Midget about 2 years ago and have driven it virtually every
day, and on some fairly long trips.  The PO, I think, overhauled the brake
system a little while before I bought the car.  I have not had to pay any
attention to the Brake or Clutch MC, Clutch slave cylinder, or the front
calipers at all.  I did rebuild the rear wheel cylinders (both) when I found
one of them leaking.

--David C.