Re: Lot rot (brake systems) and wheel bearing shims.

To: Andrew.Griffith@ReadRite.com
Subject: Re: Lot rot (brake systems) and wheel bearing shims.
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 19:14:29 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 08/28/2000 4:44:46 PM Central Daylight Time,
Andrew.Griffith@ReadRite.com writes:

<< Yes, it was Don that I spoke to at MM (in the flesh) and he suggested
 (strongly I might add) that I use the spacers, but the topic of shims never
 came up. I'll ask him about the shims when I go back there this week, I need
 to go back this week and pick up the rest of my 7/16 wheel studs. Meanwhile
 Ed at "Just Brits" replied back to me to let me know that he carried the
 shims also, since he's a fellow Lister... I'll give him first chance. >>

Drew:

    Since you have seen fit to "publish" the "repy", leave us "publish"
CORRECTLY, please.

I replied to your query and I quote:

       "I stock them for customers, Drew."

KEY word being "customers".  With EVERY front end "rebuild 'kit'" I send 10
shims of thin sizes and 4 of FAT ones.  I do not send bill.  The customer
gets the job done and THEN I send Invoice.

You bought all you parts else where and want me to bail you out??  NOT!!

All shims are available thru about 4 catalogs and you just have to BUY a
large enough selection inorder to complete the job.  Then you may TRY to
"return" the "used" but not "used" ones for credit.

I have GREAT customers including a BUNCH in CA..   They are, without doubt, a
FANTASTIC bunch (especially The Witch).  I WILL NOT depleat my normal stock
of items needed for this sorta job to a non-customer.

My "stock" and my "knowledge" do, in fact, cost.

           Ed