Re: Tires for 71 Midget

To: Hlsinger@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tires for 71 Midget
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 18:13:27 EDT
In a message dated 8/30/2000 6:03:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Hlsinger@aol.com writes:

<< I am new to the list in the last few days.  I have read through the
 archives. I am thinking of having my tire dealer special order Michelin MX4
 Rainforce 155R13s to replace the 15 year old Dunlops on the 71 Midget we
just
 bought.   The car will be my daughter's primary driver in all but snow and
 ice.  Any negative comments from Michelin users? >>

No Alex, but I just bought a set of Pirelli 175/70R13 from Discount Tire
Direct online ( <A
HREF="http://www.discounttiredirect.com/discount.splash.html";>Discount Tire
Direct: Discount Tire Direct Home</A> ) and only paid $37 a tire for them,
plus jjust under $20 shipping.   That beat by $20 any tire I could find
locally in that size.  Go there and check them out even if you don't expect
to buy from them.  I was impressed.  No interest there--just satisfied with
my purchase.   They do handle Michelins too.   I checked and the MX4
Rainforce 155R13 was $34 a tire, if that is the same tire you are interested
in.

--David C.