Re: Tires for 71 Midget

To: <mgraziano@mindspring.com>, <Hlsinger@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Tires for 71 Midget
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 20:43:54 -0400
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Except for the POS Continentals I have now, I have always run Michies. I
have always found that they do well in all weather conditions. Even ice
and snow. Someone mentioned the other day that XZX's were too hard to be
effective in the snow. I don't dispute their conclusions, just was not my
experience. I am going back to Michies as soon as I need new tires (Prob
this winter)

Larry

BTW they were 165 R70-13's

quote:)

>I'm happy with my Michelins.  THey stop well, and almost never slip in the
>rain.  I really haven't stood on the brake pedal in the rain though.  I
>don't recognize the name "Rainforce" but I believe they say MX4 on the
>sidewall.  They are 155R13's.
>
>I did some REALLY amateur autocrossing with the car last year.  Actually
>it was just a Gymkhana, but I was able to do alot of slaloming with the
>car without sliding all over the place.
>
>I'm quite happy with them.
>
>Mike
>
>Hlsinger@aol.com wrote:
>>  I am new to the list in the last few days.  I have read through the
>archives. I am thinking of having my tire dealer special order Michelin MX4
>Rainforce 155R13s to replace the 15 year old Dunlops on the 71 Midget we
>just
>bought.   The car will be my daughter's primary driver in all but snow and
>ice.  Any negative comments from Michelin users?
>
>Alex Holsinger
>71 Midget
>90 Montero
>94 Explorer