Re: Fw: Stuck Clutch

To: <JustBrits@aol.com>, <millerls@ado13.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <maze87@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Fw: Stuck Clutch
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 20:08:13 -0400
Larry, what Ed said.
  IF it s really a stuck clutch plate with no other "issues"......  in
the old days, one would position the car on dirt, with lots of clear
space in front, driver in place.  Assistant behind car, jack it up
till both tires off ground a couple inches.  Start engine, in a
"intermediate gear", get some moderate rpms up (2000(?)) and drop the
jack/car to the ground.  If it doesn't break loose, up the
ante.....more rpm, move car to hard surface.......used to work on old
Fords and recently saw it work on an E  Type Jag.  Larry