Re: Sears Tires

To: tboicey@brit.ca, ATSEIFERT@aol.com
Subject: Re: Sears Tires
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2000 07:25:12 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 9/2/2000 1:36:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tboicey@brit.ca
writes:

<<  I am pretty sure this is caused by having more sidewall flex
 than I am used to, coupled with a little bit of unpredictability
 in exactly when it flexes. >>

Listers in the know, correct me if I am wrong, but when you read the speed
ratings on the tires, don't the higher speed ratings also generally give you
better sidewall rigidity?  That is one reason I went with Pirellis over
Yokohamas in the price range I was considering ($30-40).  Check this page of
information out:   <A
HREF="http://www.discounttiredirect.com/discount.splash.html";>Discount Tire
Direct: Discount Tire Direct Home</A> .  If that doesn't get you to the Speed
Ratings page, go to "Help Desk" then to "Speed Ratings".   It provides a
statement to the effect that higher speed ratings boost handling.

--David C.