Re: weekend weather

To: walters@mail.softcom.net, jkk@adams.net
Subject: Re: weekend weather
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2000 07:43:09 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 9/2/2000 11:51:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
walters@mail.softcom.net writes:

<< All I can say is "Look Out".  The Thunderstorms are a com'n. >>

We started out yesterday afternoon to our Austin Healey Club picnic with the
top down.  Ran into a horriffic thunderstorm--luckily I had just hit the
interstate and there was an underpass close so I pulled over and put up the
hood.  First time I have had the hood up since installing a new used
windshield and frame.  Pulled back out from under the underpass and hit the
storm and GEEZO it started raining INSIDE the car!!!     Leaks
everywhere--water was shooting under the left driver's side of the windshield
llike it was being hosed on me, and free running drips all along the top
"seal".  "Seal" being used very loosly here,probably denoting a water loving
animal with a ball on its nose.  LOL

I have some serious sealing to do here. Probably a lavish supply of Silicone
under the windshield frame rubber and check the fit of the hood seal.  I had
to put a washer shim behind the driver's side latch on the hood before it
would latch down to the windshield frame, and it is still really really
tight, much more so than my previous windshield.  Maybe I need more shims.
It would not latch without the shims.

--David C.

--David C.