Re: weekend weather

To: jkk@adams.net, walters@mail.softcom.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: weekend weather
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2000 11:32:10 EDT
In a message dated 9/2/2000 10:14:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time, jkk@adams.net
writes:

<< It was 104 here (western Illinois)
 yesterday and is supposed to be just as hot for 3 or 4 more days. Man, I
 don't know how people down south can take it day after day. >>

Jim:

Here in Tennessee it hasn't gotten over a hundred this summer, but we have
had long stretches of 90+ with high humidity, which is wilting.  All in all,
this has been one of the "cooler" and wetter summers I can remember, but it
is catching up for it now. I am a cool/cold/snow loving person (OK, OK, that
is just me.  Don't mean to start an outburst <G>).  Don't see much of that
anymore here.  The sun is real nasty and hot.  But my top is down, heat, sun,
or no.  I built a deck out in the sun and heat earlier in the summer--found
out if you start working in the morning when it is somewhat cool, and work
through the heat-up, it isnt as bad as staying in AC and going out into it.
That is like getting slapped in the face very firmly.

--David C.