Technical Question

To: team-thicko@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Technical Question
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 20:52:18 GMT
Hello Everyone-

I have quietly enjoyed both the Team Thicko list and the Spridget list for a
while now, but now I have a question:

I am rebuilding a '60 Bugeye for vintage racing, and am currently working on
the brake hydraulics.  I need to replace the original single line master
cylinder with a dual circuit system.

When I bought the car, I got a competition pedal box in a box of spare
parts.  It consists of a traditional Lockheed clutch master cylinder on the
left side, and two Girling (625?) brake master cylinders attached to a bias
adjustment bar. This is nearly identical to the diagram I have seen in the
Carroll Smith book "Prepare to Win."

All of the master cylinders are shot from years of sitting around, but I am
curious to find out if anyone else has a similar set-up.  The other obvious
alternative, is to use a MC from a later model car, and not worry about the
brake bias adjustment. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.
Also, I am not too familiar with Girling MC's, but are they available, and
where?  Thanks for all of your help.

Dave Mumford

PS.  WST, congrats on the British Car write-up.  It is always good to see
familiar names in the magazine.

http://profiles.msn.com.