Re: UK-spec Midget 1500 hose question

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: UK-spec Midget 1500 hose question
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 09:09:46 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
OK.  From memory.

There are two "T"s in the system behond the engine.  One on the intake manifold
(built in) and one built into the pipe that runs from the water pump housing
straight back under the exhaust manifold. I saw both on your pictures.

Off the intake manifold "T", one route goes up, and the other down.  From the
down part, I ran a line to the heater valve.  From the heater valve to the
core. From the core to one piece of the T on the pipe that runs to the
waterpump housing From the other part of the intake manifold T, I just ran a
line to the other leg of the T in the pipe that goes to the water pump.  I saw
no block connection other than the lead back into the waterpump housing.  I
think the block gets cooled on a different leg of the coolant system.  Where is
this block connection you have?

Michael

Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca> wrote:
>   I am trying to make my Midget 1500 roughly UK
spec using bits from the UK.

  Everything is fine except I am having trouble
doing the heater hose routing, I have one extra end.

  Can somebody describe the hose routing in the
rear area of the block, around the heater input
and shut off faucet?

  I have the following ends to connect:

  - Heater outlet
  - Heater inlet
  - Faucet inlet
  - Faucet outlet
  - Block connection
  - Inlet manifold top connection
  - Inlet manifold bottom connection
  - pipe-under-manifold rear connection
  - pipe-under-manifold side connection

  ...and notice my dilemna, there are nine connections
to be made, so I'm going to have one extra.

  Is there a Tee fitting that goes somewhere in
mid-hose?

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca