Palo Alto Brit show

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Palo Alto Brit show
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 08:20:26 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
What a show!  The weather was perfect, the drive down from Davis to Palo
Alto was fun and the cars were exceptional.  I counted 10 Bugeyes including
mine.  I met at least 6 listers and saw more Brit cars than you could shake
a dipstick at.  Paul A.(wounded Traveller), Rick and Carolyn (SWAG),  John
Carey (HOT red bugeye), Bryan V and his leaf green bugeye, Gerard and his
#50 bugeye,  and half a dozen others whose names have leaked from my
sun-drenched brain.

A British 'banger' for lunch, a hastily conducted deal for a rollbar in the
parking lot across the street, a sunburned neck, and completely exhausted
salivary glands rounded out the day.

I had the chance to talk to several Morris Traveller owners, all of which
encouraged me to get the '59 Traveller I found Friday if at all possible.
Advice I'll follow up on this afternoon.  Next year I'd like to caravan to
the show with my wife in her own little Woody Wagon.  She's as pumped up
over the possible aquisition of the Traveller as I am.

The drive home wasn't much fun with the stench of gas fumes filling the
cockpit.  The spring that puts the pressure on the o-rings that seal the
fuel tube needed a stretch after I got home and all is now well.
Unfortunately, that meant no mileage numbers for the new 1.5 SU/turbo combo.

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 bugeye