More dumb questions

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: More dumb questions
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 20:03:42 -0400
I have to admit, I'm already a little suspicious since the shrink
wrapped package only contained 7 connecting rod bearings. The
instructions in the box with the new +.020 pistons states to always use
new circlips. Sounds good to me, only the pistons have no groove for
circlips and the wrist pin is the length of the bore, so if there was a
groove, you couldn't use one. Does the 1275 engine #12cj/da/h 35710 have
circlips on the wristpins? I'd check the old ones, but the machinist has
them. If they don't should the small end bushing always be replaced when
fitting net wrist pins.