Bugeye - Aluminum slot mags - fender flares?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Bugeye - Aluminum slot mags - fender flares?
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 11:18:24 -0700 (PDT)
Well I finally got around to doing a 'test fit' of the aluminum slot mags I
picked up at the last Minimania Swap meet, and here's what I've found.

The rear mounting offset (backspace) is 3.25" (stock is 3"), and the rim width
is 6".
They bolt right on without any spacers necessary, and have plenty of clearance
on the inside fender wells, however, they stick out about .25" from the body in
the rear, and about 1.25" in the front :-(
This is fine for a flared fender car, but for my stock foundered bugeye, I
don't
know if that's acceptable. I really wasn't planning on adding fender flares.

Does anyone have any suggestions???
Nice subtle flares for a bugeye?
Someone want to trade me some 5" or 5.5" alloy wheels that have a 3.5" to 3.75"
backspace? How about just two for the front?

These wheels would be great for someone who has flared fenders, and want to run
185's or 195's on their car.
The guy I got them from said he'd take them back if they wont work on my car,
but I'd like to find some alternatives.

Thanks,
Bryan Vandiver
San Jose, CA