Interior questions

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Interior questions
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 11:03:53 -0400
List,

I bought a rear back seat pad from fellow List member Bob Spruck.
It came from his '66 Midget MkII.  Over the years the vinyl has
strunk considerably so I'm going to use it for a style pattern and
have a new one made this winter.

I wanted to ask the List about the vinyl material used in this
cushion.  The vinyl on the top is the sporty looking type with the
pin holes.  The vinyl on my '66 Sprites' seats is solid without the
holes. Did the Midget seats use the pin holed vinyl?  Is this a
difference between the Sprite and Midget interiors?

My cars are not original but I'd like to match the new seat covers
with a new rear cushion.  Will it look out of place to use pin holed
vinyl on Sprite seats?  Will it look out of place to use solid on the
seats and pin holes in the back?

All (tasteful) opinions appreciated.  Sorry Ed, I shouldn't have
singled you out like that.  Only joking - don't flame me.  Well, go
ahead, flame me.

TIA,
Paul

Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D.