Re: Fall Tour Music.

To: Jason Urban <jurban@caverge.com>
Subject: Re: Fall Tour Music.
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 18:28:23 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I grew up listening to 70's rock, some 80's and 90's techno pop, but
lately have come across some different music that really has caught my
ear. When I used to listen to music in the 70's the words were so
important. The Wall was one long story of the spiral into insanity
(excellent story) but as the years went on the lyrics in most hit songs
were second to the music. I give as an example: Black Sabbath "War Pigs"
(my fav.) was a cool - lyrically - song. Then not to long after, Ozzy
offers up "Shot in the Dark"?? How many times does he say that in the song
anyway? But I hope you see my point, the music AND the story, are what
hooks you. This new group I listen to does that and I think that is why I
appreciate them more than the whole genre in general. Plus they are a
local group that I can go see at the clubs when they are touring locally.
If I have piqued anyone's interest, the genre is "Insurgent Country" and
the group is Slobberbone. Here is a site with sound bites.
http://www.doolittle.com/sounds/slobberbone.htm
If you are up to it, another cool group is The Bottle Rockets
http://www.doolittle.com/sounds/bottlerockets.htm
I have that in the computer now, cool stuff.
Other cool groups to listen to.......... 7 Mary 3, Matchbox 20, and the
Reverend Horton Heat. If anyone wants a cassette of any of this (if they
are interested that is) let me know.   Brad