Re: Rear View Mirrors

To: chuck <chuckc@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Rear View Mirrors
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 18:05:18 -0400
Cc: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
chuck wrote:

> I need a cheap fix for my door mounted rear view mirror.

> In the meantime, I'm trying to glue the glass into the metal disk using
> silicone caulking without the plastic retainer. We'll see.

Some auto stores sell cut to fit mirror replacments, I think they are
plastic and you cut them with scissors.
Use Lexel or Solar Seal (brand names) caulk, available at any quality
building or lumber yard (not available at home defect) Either one makes
a great glue. Lexel is clear, Solar seal comes in many colors. Both are
not silicone based and any excess can be cleaned up with paint thinner.

Let's just say I glued the wood to a Mini using Lexel, it's great!

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ