Changing SU needles

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Changing SU needles
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 10:07:57 -0700
Finally, with the help of Chris Kotting and a 9V battery, I got my A/F meter
to work on the pos. ground car.

With the idle adjusted fairly close, the mixture is a little rich across the
range (first red rich bar).  Since it is rich across the range, I was
wondering if I could move the needles relative to the pistons, or is that a
no-no?
I am using needles recommended to me by APT, I think they are #4.
I don't mind buying different ones, but since it seems to be rich
everywhere...

Any other advice for the process of finding the right needles for my car?

Also:
I am still experiencing misfire and power loss at high rpm and full
throttle.  I expected this to be a lean mixture, but the gauge says it is
still rich at this point.  I can rev just fine with part throttle.
Could this be an ignition problem?  I am using a Crane ignition on a stock
distributor.

Thanks,
http://www.mirafiori.com/~ulix/               '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9