Re: Paying attention [NO LBC]

Subject: Re: Paying attention [NO LBC]
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 09:27:15 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Ajhsys@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 10/5/00 10:17:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu writes:
>
> <<  Well, only one (1) knew that the chemical, dihydrogen monoxide,
>   was water (H2O). >>
>
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
> I thought it was hydrogen hydroxide.  Any chemists out there?
>
> Allen Hefner
> SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
> '77 Midget
> '92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport

        Not that it matters, but I think Hydrogen Monoxide will work, because
the "di"
of hydrogen is determined (obviously) by its "ion number" or something of that
sort, but the molecule is literally an H+ ion with an OH- ion tacked on it, so
you're right. I think you could also call it hydroxic acid. More importantly are
the solubility properties which allow the brewing of malted beverages.  :)
--
~

'90 GS-500E: Faster than a newbie on an FZR-600.
'87 RX-7 TII: Faster than a *DORK* on a Valkyrie.
MCMLXIX Sprite: Faster than UPS ground.
"Yeah, well, Stirling Moss is bald, too. Dammit."

~