Re: 5-speed

To: WFO Herb <froggi@cdsnet.net>
Subject: Re: 5-speed
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 22:09:31 -0400
Cc: Spridgeteers <spridgets@autox.team.net>
WFO Herb wrote:

> Fellow Spridgeteers,
> I just came from the U-Pull.... three Datsun 210's.  They want $125 for
> a tranny.  Any takers?  Or, what have you found them for ($'s) in your
> neck of the woods?

My local bone yard has the Pull-a thon next weekend. $35 gets you in the
gate, what ever you can carry across the scale is yours.
2 guys can carry 1/2 a car, I have seen it!
I missed last year but 2 years ago I walked out with a bucket of
alternators, a 210 tranny, a few brit wire harnesses and loads of
gauges. I got much more then $35 worth of goodies. This year it's BMW
parts, a new front plastic whatever for my daughters plastic jap crap,
the 210 tranny if it's not an automatic, my spy says he saw a datsun 210
but never checked to see if it was a stick.

Harry's U pull it in Hazelton, PA sells trannys for $75.
210 5/speeds are more scarse then NOS ribcases these days though so $125
is a fair price if you ask me.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ