Choke "Twist and Lok" not working

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Choke "Twist and Lok" not working
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 16:36:04 -0400
According to the Archives (yup, I chekked 'em!) the correct solution
for a slipping choke cable is to put a small coin (or a painted clothes
peg or a binder clip) twixt the washer and the knob to keep the
choke operating on these cold mornings.

Surely there is a better way. Is there a "more correct" installation
technique to help the twist thingy function? I pull the knob out,
twist the knob, and let go ever sooo gently. The knob glides
back in  before stopping at half choke.

Any techniques out there for installing these devils correctly?

We be cheap -- don't wanna buy a clothes peg (or a new cable).

chuckc