Rough running and no power

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Rough running and no power
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 08:17:00 +0800
My Mk 2A sprite is running really bad.  This problem started off some
weeks ago when it was cold it would run rough, splutter, stumble and
basically not pull.

It now does this all the time - although when you are stationary you
can rev it up.

I've done the following with no solution.  Pulled carbs to bits, put
in new jets  and put them backl on, changed the condenser, checked
the Distributor cap, changed the plugs and points, pulled one plug
lead off at a time (with appropriate dip in revs each time, checked
oil in carb dampers, done a compression test (all are low but fairly
even (it is an old 948 engine), kicked the tires, complained to wife.

None of these have cured the problem.  I'd appreciate a list of next
most likely  suspects.

Thanks all.

greg
in Perth, Western Australia