Re: fastest in reverse bug-i in Fresno

To: cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: fastest in reverse bug-i in Fresno
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 13:16:03 EDT
In a message dated 10/15/2000 7:18:58 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< No LBC, but that car had an unusual sort of transmission that somehow
 managed to store momentum very efficiently so that the engine could run at
 lower RPMs under certain conditions, a sort of rudimentary overdrive
 concept.  Does anyone know what that was called, and the basicis of how it
 worked?

 Regards,

It was "free wheeling" ...a little lever on the floor under the dash as I
remember it, let you switch to this feature, so the engine compression did
not slow the car when you let off the gas.  It was supposed to increase fuel
mileage, and seemed to.  Also it made for a much smoother feel driving the
little 3cyl. two cycle whiz bang rampapapapapap engine around town.

One of the better cars I have owned, 63 station wagon, very good in bad
weather, very quiet, ran great till it stopped and never ran again....

RH