Re: 75 Midget

To: "Rick & Carolyn" <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Subject: Re: 75 Midget
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 10:44:32 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
From Rick & Carolyn <walters at mail.softcom.net>
To: Rick & Carolyn <walters@softcom.net>
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sent: 23 October 2000 23:41

> Hi All,
>
> Well the 75 Midget was a total bust.  It did have a clean body, I
> couldn't find any rust.  But the engine was a big ball of rust.  The
> single carb I found in a box it looked like it had been in a bucket of
> water.  The aluminum about flaked off in my hands.  Engine was of course
> frozen solid and the top was shot.  I didn't want to insult him with a
> price.  We were that far off in value.  It was maybe worth about $100
> out here.  I would have to find a complete 1500 engine, that I'm not
> overly fond of to begin with.
>
> Thanks for all the advice.
>
> Rick

Ital engine and box?  Uses the 1500 'box (no need to modify the tunnel)
mated to a 1275 engine.  Best of both worlds.  No need to change the
driveshaft and you only need to modify the wiring loom, fit a 1275 rad and
cut-n-shut the engine mounts.  Front plate needs to come from a Morris Minor
or A-series Spridget.  Cast LCB and single HIF44 (1.75 inch) carb too!