Re: Rebuild engine?

To: "Larry Macy" <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rebuild engine?
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 08:10:11 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Larry,

yes!  If you had the low compression pistons so far, you will love the 9:1s.
More torque, more hp, better mpg.
The only disadvantage is higher emissions, do you have to smog this car? (it
may still pass).
A hotter cam won't work very well with low compression anyway.

7.5:1 <shaking head> the only thing that is good for is turbocharging...

Ulix

> I just got word from the machine shop that I have to buy new pistons.
OUCH!!