Re: The Vega (No LBC)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The Vega (No LBC)
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 23:41:46 EDT
I got 242k out of my 74 Vega before I started snapping piston skirts off.
However,the cylinders had been sleeved.
I couldn't keep head gaskets from leaking oil though, and with that many
miles the valve guides were shot. At gas stations it was "check the gas and
fill the oil"

It sports a Buick 231 V6 these days, but I haven't driven it in over 3 years.
Waiting on time to install a Borg Warner 5 speed to replace the noisy old
Saginaw 4 speed with 270+k on it!!

And one more comment- the 2300/saginaw 4 speed held up through the abuses of
a highschooler- including three busted differentials !!!

Gary
75 Midget daily driver
75 Midget project that may actually see the light of day next year!!