Re: worth a look.... (not really LBC)

To: "Larry Cogan" <woodrat@spacey.net>, "Robert Van Kirk" <racerbob@hotmail.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: worth a look.... (not really LBC)
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 11:43:22 -0400
Larry,
You forgot that between the 151 and the Hummer (actually designated the
HMMW-V=Highly mobile multi-purpose wheeled vehicle) was the CUC-V (a Chevy
Blazer in green clothes with the ugliest red/brown vinyl interior).  My
first military license was for the CUC-V/Blazer.  The Hummer is built on a
full-sized pick-up truck sized wheelbase (park your Silverado, because no
one would drive a F*ed On Race Day :-P, next to it and compare).  You can
still try to play Stirling Moss in an M998 (one of the many designations for
the Hummer).  I saw the results after an inexperienced soldier took one
airborne (it was the S-3's vehicle and was brand new between 500 and 600
miles on the odo--was he pissed!).
Ryan