Guns -- Off Topic

To: busyrider@springmail.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Guns -- Off Topic
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 09:51:05 -0500
Fred:

> An innocent resident of Florida died last month at  the hands of an
> irate father who was "pissed off" that the person he thought he was
> gunning down had wronged his daughter.

I have been looking for news stories on the above (in Lexis and West);
would you supply some more details (names, date, place, etc.) so I can
narrow the search?  Interestingly, I did find three articles where a gun
owner successfully defended himself (in one, a business owner shot a
sword wielding attacker), and about twenty articles describing murders
and violent assaults where the attacker used a gun, and more crimes of
robbery or simple assault than I cared to count, in which the criminal
was armed but the victim was not.  The search was of major newspapers in
Florida and surrounding states for a period from 15 August through 28
October.

Rich
Council Bluffs, Iowa

'74.5 RB MGB "Miss Maggie"
'79 Midget "Miss Molly"
'86 Ford Crown Victoria LTD "BarcaLounger on Wheels"

richard.arnold@juno.com  or  rdarnold@neonramp.com