Re: Quote & guns.

To: Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Quote & guns.
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 00:31:08 -0700
Well first started to I learned how dangerous guns were when I was in Jr. High
School in the city... No joke!
A friend of mine and I where going to try to make some fire-crackers out of 22
snake shot shells, we figured we could get the gun powder from the cartridges,
what little there is in a 22. We were smart enough to take a big nail and
drive it into the compressed end of the shell first, to open it up and spill
out all the snake shot. So with the shot removed my buddy proceeded to cut the
cartridge in half with a hack saw with the cartridge in a vice. Well, after he
had a couple of good cuts into the cartridge... it went off and the "Hot" wad
hit him smack in the middle of his ear and raised a blister, after bouncing
off the wall. We figured this was not the right thing to do... so we moved on
to actylene balloons. And yes I did survive my inquisitive younger years.
And then when I was about 25 years I bought a Beretta 9mm short, 380. I had it
for about a year and then popped a hole through the bedroom wall into the
bathroom, where my live-in  girlfriend was on the thrown. Luckily it missed
her by about five feet.  I sold that gun the next day and haven't owned one
since... but I've shot many. I'm still still a member of NHRA for principle
reasons only. I figure that some people aren't meant to own guns and I'm one
of them. After all... three strikes and you're out, and I figure I've had two
already... no joke!
-Drew