Re: Weber DGV jets - Tuning article on line -links

To: <Daniel1312@aol.com>, <ptegler@cablespeed.com>, <MartyWit@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Weber DGV jets - Tuning article on line -links
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 15:41:13 -0500
As you stated Daniel,  yes it looks like you have two jets (little triangle
hanging over the edges of both throats) with the DGV having the
secondary opening closed off.
The caveat here is this is not the jet. This is only the orifice that aims
the gas at the carb throats. The pump jet is the 'bolt' that holds this little
triangle in place....and yes... it's rather easy to ream it out to size.
Quite a few carb manufacturers (as well as other tool makers)
make drills and pin gauges for adjusting (drilling/reaming out) jets
to precise sizes.  Normally you' simply buy two jets. Drill one out step by step
testing each size. When you realize you've gone past the right size
you simply ream/drill the second to the last size that worked right
before the performance drop.

Although not specifically for the LBC world, two articles
http://dimequarterly.tierranet.com/articles/tech_carb_tuning_guide.html
and
http://dimequarterly.tierranet.com/articles/tech_weber_tuning.html
give very good directions and information concerning tuning downdraft Weber
carbs
for engines very near our sizes

A more generalized but also reputable source
http://www.racetep.com/weberadj.html

And one more reference showing a variety of DG pump and bleed jets in use
http://www.efn.org/~msayer/weboem.html

Paul Tegler   wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com