Re: Weber DGV jets - Tuning article on line -links

To: ccrobins@ktc.com
Subject: Re: Weber DGV jets - Tuning article on line -links
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 00:06:23 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 10/31/00 8:30:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ccrobins@ktc.com writes:

> Marty didn't say he had a hesitation when he floored it. It could be
>  but that's not what he said.  Maybe it's when he opens the throttle
>  gently to accelerate smoothly from low RPM.  If that's the case, the
>  accelerator pump isn't in the picture.  Rather, if it's carb related
>  and the engine idles at normal RPM, the prob could lie in the transition
>  ports being plugged up or the idle is set too lean for it to make a
>  decent transition.  A float prob can cause this too.  Or a slight air
>  leak.  Or, or, or........

  Under no load, the engine will rev fine if the throttle is pressed gently.
It does slightly stumble for a second if the pedal is mashed, though it
recovers and continues to rev nicely from about 1700-1800 on.  Under load is
a totally different story.  If the pedal is depressed quickly while trying to
move away in first gear from rest it will falter, then stall, and I have to
restart the car, usually with traffic behind me.  If the pedal is slowly
pressed downward the effect is not as large but it still falters, and I have
to slip the clutch more which I don't want to do.  I checked the float level
when I first installed the carb, over five years ago on my 1500 Midget, but
will check it again because I've a feeling it may be slightly low.

Marty