Re: Weber DGV jets - Tuning article on line -links

To: MartyWit@aol.com
Subject: Re: Weber DGV jets - Tuning article on line -links
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 08:08:31 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
 OK, so the other guys who responded before I did were following the
right assumptions.  I remember that you said if you blipped the throttle
before you took off, it didn't stumble.  So that tells me that the
accelerator pump works, because that blip shoots in some gas.  No blip
and it leans out and dies when the throttle is opened.  According to my
Weber carb manual, the transition from idle to power (venturi feed) is
handled by the transition ports, which are fed by the idle passages.
The carb could be partially clogged up inside or there might be a slight
air leak under it.

  Was this carb on the shelf for a while or did you xfer it directly to
the 1275 from the 1500, where presumably it worked OK?

  Cheers,

  CR