Re: Apologies to Spitfire owners or ( It's time to vote and do we need t

To: "Jeff Boatright" <jboatri@emory.edu>
Subject: Re: Apologies to Spitfire owners or ( It's time to vote and do we need this guy in the drivers seat)
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 09:02:27 -0800
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
NOW THIS HAS LBC CONTENT!

Oh you are so imaginative.

----- Original Message -----
From "Jeff Boatright" <jboatri at emory.edu>
To: "Brad Pace" <britclas@WorldShare.net>
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2000 8:38 AM
Subject: Apologies to Spitfire owners or ( It's time to vote and do we
need this guy in the drivers seat)

A man in Spitfire realized he was lost.

He spotted a woman jogging with her dog. He pulled to the side of the
road, running over her dog in the process. He shouted, "Excuse me,
you know, uh, sort of, well, hmm, well, I guess, ah, what was the
question?"

The woman, recognizing one of the universe's truly lost souls,
replied, "You are in a 1971 Triumph Spitfire.  You are between 40 and
41 degrees north latitude and between 59 and 60 degrees west
longitude. And you just killed my dog."

"You must be, uh, you know, one of those, hmm, uh, oh yeah. You must
be one of those smart people, uhm, hmm, like, you know, a Spridget
owner, or a Democrat," said the driver.

"I'm both," replied the woman, "How did you know?"

"Well," answered the driver, "uhm, uh, where's my mommy? uh, yeah,
what you said sounds, well, uhm, I can sort of see it, but not quite.
Uhm, hmm, yeah, can you maybe repeat that? I mean, should I have to
answer that question?"

The woman responded, "You must be George W. Bush!"

"Oh yes! Yes, that sounds very familiar! I AM George W. Bush,"
replied the driver, visibly calming, "thank you for clarifying that.
I'm sure if my, uhm, er, dad were here, he'd um, uh, PAY you for uhm,
maybe helping me on this one. But how did you know?"

"Well," said the woman, "you don't know where you are or where you
are going. You don't really know WHO you are. You have risen to where
you are due to your daddy's influence. By your clothing and the
bottle of Johnny Walker in your left hand, you've obviously been
given the best of the best: money, schooling, privilege, yet you end
up lost on a road in a Spitfire. You don't even have good taste in
cars. To top it off, you suddenly wake up at the wheel of a car,
realize you're in over your head, panic, and run over my dog. The
clincher, though, was that you haven't even thought to ask about the
dog. The fact is you are in exactly the same position you were in
before we met, but now, somehow, my dog is dead."

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Assistant Professor, Emory Eye Center, Atlanta, GA, USA
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision, http://www.molvis.org/molvis
mailto:jboatri@emory.edu