RE: Re: Ice And ABS (NO LBC)

To: "Spridgets@Autox. Team. Net (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Re: Ice And ABS (NO LBC)
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 08:40:06 -0800
just leave 3-4 seconds in-between you and the car in front and you are fine.
Just avoid panic stops altogether. The only time I have had to panic stop
was inattention on my part. Once was a bus slowing down to make a stop to
let passengers on board, and I looked over my shoulder to see if I could
pass in the next lane, I could not, therefore looked back straight ahead
where I saw the Bus stopped in front of me. I hit the drums and the land
cruiser came to a stop with a tiny thud as I rebounded off the bus's rubber
bumper. No harm done, but my patience, or lack thereof could have led to
something worse.

LBCs stop great compared to a 4500lbs cruiser with 4 drums, and 8(!) slave
clyinders.

Toby