Re: "On the road again ..."

To: DuhCaddyhm <wadleigh@syix.com>
Subject: Re: "On the road again ..."
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 08:23:48 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
The BB was probably part of the float check-valve system called a
Grose Jet. It's not original to the design. Some people swear by
them, other swear at them. I've tried them and saw no difference in
performance. If your ball came out of the Grose Jet, you may have
mixture problems as the bowls may be allowed to fill too high with
fuel. This may be one of many problems!

At 9:14 PM -0800 11/6/00, DuhCaddyhm wrote:
>Hi everyone!
>
>THANKS for all the help and suggestions on getting my Midget started.
>Most of it I'd already tried, but with a combination of things ..... I
>got it running and drove it around today for a while!!!  First run in
>three months!
>
>The timing is out 180, but when I had switched wires before, nothing
>happened.  This weekend I rebuilt both carbs ..... 1/4 inch of garbage
>in the float bowls and a general mess all over.  Even found a small
>bearing (like a little BB) in one of the float bowls!  Put the carbs
>back on this morning, adjusted them, and still wouldn't start.  Tried
>switching the plug wires again .... and wah lah ... started right up!
>So, between that and the carbs, it's going!  At least I did manage to
>get all the little stuff done that I'd been putting off.  Next is the
>paint job!
>
>Again, thanks!
>
>Sue
>'74 Midget
>'65 Midget
>'65 MG-1100

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Assistant Professor, Emory Eye Center, Atlanta, GA, USA
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision, http://www.molvis.org/molvis
mailto:jboatri@emory.edu