"On the road again ..."

To: MGs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: "On the road again ..."
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 21:14:01 -0800
Hi everyone!

THANKS for all the help and suggestions on getting my Midget started.
Most of it I'd already tried, but with a combination of things ..... I
got it running and drove it around today for a while!!!  First run in
three months!

The timing is out 180, but when I had switched wires before, nothing
happened.  This weekend I rebuilt both carbs ..... 1/4 inch of garbage
in the float bowls and a general mess all over.  Even found a small
bearing (like a little BB) in one of the float bowls!  Put the carbs
back on this morning, adjusted them, and still wouldn't start.  Tried
switching the plug wires again .... and wah lah ... started right up!
So, between that and the carbs, it's going!  At least I did manage to
get all the little stuff done that I'd been putting off.  Next is the
paint job!

Again, thanks!

Sue
'74 Midget