I'M BACK!! NO LBC!!!!Re: Keep it down out there

To: froggi@cdsnet.net, Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: I'M BACK!! NO LBC!!!!Re: Keep it down out there
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 17:36:17 -0600
Thanks for the wishes, I only wish they had worked. It was a lovely dive in
Cozumel at Palancar Reef. At 88' down the surface looked only 30' away. The
water was so clear that it appeared that we all were floating in air rather
than swimming. I fed the stingrays by hand in shallow water in Cayman with
my wife and daughter. In Jamaica is where I felt the terror of the deep. We
set out on our dive in a small (20'-22') boat in 8'-12' swells. On the first
dive at 85' the swells and surge were non existent. Upon returning to the
surface to off gas residual nitrogen for 1/2 hr. I got nauseous in the
swells and gave the fish a meal or three. My brother and I did do the second
dive but the British couple that was with us opted out. We stayed at 30' for
over a half hour before locating our anchor and ascending the line to the
surface. Upon breaking surface we found that our small boat had been replace
by an even smaller orange life vest (similar to the ones found in Wally
World <Wal-Mart>). I was a bit shocked as was our dive master. When they go
"Oh Chit, mon." you know things are not going well. Needless to say, I did
get back to shore after 30 minutes of floating and fish feeding at direct
sea level. No explanation was given by the boat captain but the British
couple was not on the boat when he returned. I did not cause a stink in
Jamaica as I was not on my home turf and when I returned to the ship and
told my tale, my brother and I were issued a refund on the dive by
Commodore. Now is my question, do I submit my tale (in more detail of
course) to Roadies Scuba Diver Chap Book to warn others, or should I contact
the dive company (I now have their e-mail) and see what they have to say
about their dive captains actions. I know that leaving divers in the water
for any reason is an ABSOLUTE NOON. I don't feel that ignoring this a safe
thing to do for future drivers. What do you guys that read this think??? Oh
yeah, let me know off list so that we don't aggravate the others that will
be deleting this thread, Thanks, Brad (damn lucky to be alive because of
some stupid assed, ganja smoking, Jamaican boat captain) Fornal