Re: I'M BACK!! NO LBC!!!!Re: Keep it down out there

To: Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net>
Subject: Re: I'M BACK!! NO LBC!!!!Re: Keep it down out there
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 13:01:26 -0500
Cc: froggi@cdsnet.net, Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Brad Fornal wrote:

> Thanks for the wishes, I only wish they had worked. It was a lovely dive in
> Cozumel at Palancar Reef. At 88' down the surface looked only 30' away. The
> water was so clear that it appeared that we all were floating in air rather
> than swimming. I fed the stingrays by hand in shallow water in Cayman with
> my wife and daughter. In Jamaica is where I felt the terror of the deep. We
> set out on our dive in a small (20'-22') boat in 8'-12' swells. On the first
> dive at 85' the swells and surge were non existent. Upon returning to the
> surface to off gas residual nitrogen for 1/2 hr. I got nauseous in the
> swells and gave the fish a meal or three. My brother and I did do the second
> dive but the British couple that was with us opted out. We stayed at 30' for
> over a half hour before locating our anchor and ascending the line to the
> surface. Upon breaking surface we found that our small boat had been replace
> by an even smaller orange life vest (similar to the ones found in Wally
> World <Wal-Mart>). I was a bit shocked as was our dive master. When they go
> "Oh Chit, mon." you know things are not going well. Needless to say, I did
> get back to shore after 30 minutes of floating and fish feeding at direct
> sea level. No explanation was given by the boat captain but the British
> couple was not on the boat when he returned. I did not cause a stink in
> Jamaica as I was not on my home turf and when I returned to the ship and
> told my tale, my brother and I were issued a refund on the dive by
> Commodore. Now is my question, do I submit my tale (in more detail of
> course) to Roadies Scuba Diver Chap Book to warn others, or should I contact
> the dive company (I now have their e-mail) and see what they have to say
> about their dive captains actions. I know that leaving divers in the water
> for any reason is an ABSOLUTE NOON. I don't feel that ignoring this a safe
> thing to do for future drivers. What do you guys that read this think??? Oh
> yeah, let me know off list so that we don't aggravate the others that will
> be deleting this thread, Thanks, Brad (damn lucky to be alive because of
> some stupid assed, ganja smoking, Jamaican boat captain) Fornal
>
> WFO Herb wrote:
>
> > Have fun Brad, and family.  You guys be careful 'down below'!
> > Herb
> >
> > Brad Fornal wrote:
> >
> > > I am off for 10 days, keep off the controversial topics so you don't
> > > flood my mailbox with guns, brake fluid, and radiator topics while I'm
> > > gone. Don't bother typing "bye" as I am out the door once this is
> > > sent................. Brad

I would contact the dive company and see what they say.  I would also
let
the Roadies Scuba whatever what happened to you and if you feel
compelled
what the dive company had to say.  My guess is they will give some
lame-ass
answer.  Anyway let others know is my feeling.  I think you are lucky
your
daughter was not out there with you.  Several years ago I spent 12 days
in
Bonaire and I don't even dive.  I did have a good time snorkeling
around. I
just relaxed.  I do wish that the food selection on the island was
better,
but I enjoyed my time there.  The wild burros will scare the pants off
you
late at night when  you are walking between hotels.

Gilroy