Re: driving on wrong side

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: driving on wrong side
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 14:17:19 EST
Frank Clarici wrote:

<<<Passing is a bit of a challange too, you learn to look around the right
side of the car in front to make sure the road is clear so you can pass.>>>

In the midwestern US, one of the better known competitors in endurance
rallies like the Lap of Lake Michigan that used to be held with John Twist's
University Motors Summer Party is Reinout Vogt. Reinout is a Dutch native who
drives a right-hand drive MGC he brought over from Holland. We always
theorized that Reinout passes via the indirect observation method. We think
he pulls out and does not attempt to look directly at traffic. Instead he
watches his navigator's eyes. If they suddenly snap wide open, he pulls back
in.

Kim Tonry
Downers Grove, Illinois, USA