Re: Found a way to Quiet My Loud Exhaust

To: "Larry Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>
Subject: Re: Found a way to Quiet My Loud Exhaust
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 10:53:36 +1100
Cc: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
weird. Nothing else changed?

All I can think of is that your cam timing might be off a bit and that the hi
lift rockers
exposed the problem a little more (i.e. if the exhaust valves open a little
too early
& open quickly then you'd get combustion still happening with valves open.
It's
just a guess though.

What are your cam specs? My engines were (at the time of changeover to 1.5
rockers)
, 286 duration and around 300 duration. Now they are at about 296 and 310. I
havn't
tried going back to standard rockers (why when I paid all that cash for high
lift cams
to get extra lift!!!)

Mike