Re: White smoke on startup

To: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@avaya.com>
Subject: Re: White smoke on startup
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 09:36:23 -0500
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Hi
White smoke on startup is most likely caused by oil running down the guides
into the cylinders when sitting, then on startup it gets burned out. Not
really a problem, just annoying. At least you know the guides are getting
lubed!

I doubt if it's steam, you should be able to smell oil smoke vs antifreeze.

John