rear discs was a Re: a revelation

To: rob@thomasr.greatxscape.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: rear discs was a Re: a revelation
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 14:19:26 EST
I have 9" discs at the front and 8" drums at the rear.  I only fitted the
bigger drums for the handbrake action - the bias is such that 7" drums were
otherwise adequate.

I don't see a need for discs at the rear because most of the braking is done
by the front brakes apart from in the wet (if the bias is adjusted) which
isn't a factor because the limiting factor in stopping distance is grip.  If
the Frontline rear disc kit weighs in at less than a drum back setup it might
have some advantage but for the likely cost I cost spend the money more
effectively elsewhere on the car.

I have never been a slave to fashion over function.

Daniel1312 -

In a message dated 21/11/00 01:38:03 Pacific Standard Time,